It finally rained in San Francisco this past weekend, making it the perfect weekend to stay inside to clean and organize for our big move, and to make Mario's Valentine's for his pre-school class. This is a very exciting year for Mario, it is his first year handing out Valentine's, and though it was his first time making Valentine's he was a pro at it! Mario was so excited to help me and took his responsibilities of putting stickers on the tags and cutting the twine very seriously. He was proud and happy to help, but he is a three year old after all, and could not help but hit the keys on my husbands vintage typewriters whenever he had a chance. Because he loves typing so much, I let him hold down the shift key for new words - sometimes he was too happy helping to let go of the shift key making each tag unique and special from Mario.
1. Vintage typewriters - you can also use a computer or alphabet stamps
2. Kraft paper tags - you can also make your own
3. Heart Stickers - we used foam glitter heart stickers
4. Heart Paper Doilies
5. Red & White Baker's Twine
6. Plastic Zoo Animals - we used Safari Ltd Zoo Babies
Mario was so proud and happy with the final result.. I must admit, Mario and I made very cute Valentine's for his pre-school class.