I got a manicure on Tuesday, which got me thinking about the latest trend among Hollywood Tots: Painted nails! Incidentally, like most girls, getting mani/pedis are one of my favorite things to do to spoil myself. Before having Mario, I would get a mani/pedi every Saturday; needless to say, I don't get them that often anymore! This week was different, I went to LUX SF, my favorite neighborhood nail boutique, where they use Deborah Lippmann Nail Color — I got Lara's Theme on my hands and She Drives Me Crazy on my toes. While getting my nails painted, two mothers came in together with their daughters, making me think (for a moment) that it would be fun to have a daughter date at a nail boutique.
Hollywood toddlers (boys & girls), are all about the painted nail — two-year-olds like Vivienne and Zuma and older kids like Kingston, all spend time at the salon with their celebrity moms. Maybe I could bring Mario with me, since Zuma proves that painted nails aren’t just for little girls anymore. If your little one is also into getting his/her nails done, I pulled together my favorite Nontoxic Kids' Nail Polish in the Hottest Colors for Summer!
Check out the colorful and on-trend shades from five great nontoxic nail polish brands just for kids!
- Hopscotch Kids is the safest, most playful cosmetic line for kids on the market. Playfully named after nursery rhymes and schoolyard games, Hopscotch Kids go beyond "3 free" and "5 free" nail polishes — they replaced ethyl acetate, butyl acetate, nitrocellulose, acetone, alcohols and heavy metals with water and acrylic polymers.
- Keeki Pure and Simple was founded after searching for products their own children could use. They are non-toxic water-based and safe for little hands. Keeki Pure & Simple's nail care line is the safest on the planet and are 100% biodegradable, vegan and gluten free.
- Priti NYC Princess Collection is the children's line of non-toxic nail polish from brand Priti NYC. Siena, their 8 year old creative director, had all princesses in mind when she came up with these sparkly, fun non-toxic and 5 free [Toulene, Formaldehyde, and DBP, camphor and formaldehyde resin] polishes. And some even glow in the dark!
- Piggy Paint was founded by a mom of two very fancy daughters. The polish is NOT flammable and is water-based and specially formulated and made with all natural ingredients. It is kid-friendly polish, free of formaldehyde, toluene, phthalates, biphenyl A, ethyl acetate and acetone… and made in the USA!
- Suncoatgirl is a kids'-specific line of nail polish is the Cleanest Nail Polish on The Planet, and Winner of The Green Parent Award in the UK. It is water-based, peels off, VOC free and the most natural nail polish ever- for tots 3 years old and up.